RSC Elections.....President. My thoughts on Interest Groups.....Roy Sandbach

RSC Elections.....President. My thoughts on Interest Groups.....Roy Sandbach

Posted by Roy Sandbach on May 25, 2020 3:43 pm

Good afternoon everyone,
I hope you're all enjoying a good Bank Holiday......and the good weather !
I've been nominated for the RSC Presidency for 2022/24. I hope that you might have seen the various pitches, but it isn't easy to get everything into these.....mainly as the RSC requires a set format.
Consequently, I just wanted to make sure that members (wherever you are !) have some awareness of my thoughts on the role of Interest Groups as we look ahead. So, here they are.....
I've spent a lifetime in highly connected global work at P&G and University (and in many roles that were helped enormously by communities of practice). This naturally informs my perspectives.
As we work to deal with global crises and opportunities, chemistry will be at the heart. The Society is already a “strategic convenor” for collective dialogue through Interest Groups. I am keen to see Interest Groups better connected with Society strategy & policy, and with each other.
We certainly also need to be more agile in the creation of new interdisciplinary Interest Groups as chemical science develops at pace. In the end, our Interest Groups are the key RSC framework for all of us to bring broad expertise together to address key issues. They must be strongly supported. Hope this is clear. The Interest Groups are a jewel for the RSC.
If anyone wants a chat on this, just get in touch, my details are below.
For now, I hope you all stay safe and well.
Roy

Professor Roy Sandbach OBE FRSC
Tel 07789 032618
Roy.sandbach@ncl.ac.uk
@profRoys

Re: RSC Elections.....President. My thoughts on Interest Groups.....Roy Sandbach

Posted by Jason Boo on Oct 19, 2020 3:44 pm

Hi! Can someone write my difficult assignments like essay papers? Has anyone heard about the cheapest and the fastest essay writer company? One of my good friends bought some essays and dissertation papers to be done. If you have any questions you can go and ask anything by clicking on this website!

Want to reply?

You must be signed in to MyRSC to respond to forum posts. If you're not currently a member, you can register for free.