CV check - want to go into skincare

CV check - want to go into skincare

Posted by Shirley Yang on Sep 27, 2014 12:21 am

Hi,

I'm currently in my second year at UCL studying Chemistry with Mathematics (MSci) and I was thinking of going into skincare like making skincare products. Can you please check if my CV is appropriate for companies like L'oreal, Garnier and Dermalogica etc? 

Thank you

Shirley
Attached Files

Re: CV check - want to go into skincare

Posted by Sonny Ume on Nov 5, 2014 1:41 pm

Hey Shirley, 

A very impressive CV, if I were to make a few suggestions it would be to;

i)  Add an "m" as my is spelt incorrectly. This is under the skills section in the sentence " Was in Manchester Access Program and enhanced "y" Time Management Skills."  

ii) Elaborate and give examples of when and how you used your time management skills, teamwork skills, and problem solving skills.

iii) Include a section with your interest and hobbies. The company would be interested to know your personality as an individual. 

Im also interested developing a business which will involves the formulation of skin based products and cosmetics. It would be great to hear from you. Feel free to send an email to abnnadigroup@gmail.com or call 07949690936.

I hope my advice is of use to you. 

Sonny.

Posted by Phil Yates on Nov 5, 2014 2:07 pm

Dear Shirley,
May I suggest that you contact one of our professional careers advisors here at the Royal Society of Chemistry? They will be able to give you excellent advice regarding your CV, assuming that you are a member of the RSC. Please email them at careers@rsc.org
regards
phil yates
MyRSC manager

Posted by Shirley Yang on Nov 8, 2014 6:06 pm

Thanks for the advice! I will take it into account!

Thanks

Shirley

Posted by Melina Smith on Aug 9, 2021 10:04 am

I suggest you check out Dr. Audrey Kunin portfolio he's the famous Dermatologist and they also have their own skincare brand DERMAdoctor coupons.

Posted by Jeramy Frazier on Aug 17, 2021 6:44 am

Your resume looks good to me. It might be worth adding a little more information about education and detailing what you can do.

Want to reply?

You must be signed in to MyRSC to respond to forum posts. If you're not currently a member, you can register for free.