how to control automated email alerts

how to control automated email alerts

Posted by Phil Yates on May 14, 2014 1:25 pm

Being a member of MyRSC you have the ability to control exactly what sort of automated email alerts you receive from the site.
To access your settings, please do the following:
1) Click on 'My Account' (this tab is above your profile picture on the MyRSC home page)
2) Then click on the 'notification' tab which will take you to the page which shows you your notification settings for the site as a whole.
For example- if you 'untick' the box next to 'email me when I'm invited or activity happens in a group that I'm a member of' then you will not get any automated emails from any of your groups on MyRSC, regardless of what your settings may be within those groups.
Please remember to save your changes before you leave this page.

If you are a member of one or more groups on MyRSC, you can also choose what automated alerts you receive from each group you are a member of.
To alter these alerts, click on 'settings' in the 'Groups Navigation' section on the left hand side of your group homepage. Here you will see that you can turn your own personal settings on or off for the various alerts that have been selected for your group. Changing these settings here will only affect you and no-one else in your group.

regards
phil

Re: how to control automated email alerts

Posted by Ella Mistle on Nov 23, 2016 3:33 pm

Thank you, Phill! This helped me.

Want to reply?

You must be signed in to MyRSC to respond to forum posts. If you're not currently a member, you can register for free.