Fun Chemistry Card Games, London Schools, July 4th-15th

Fun Chemistry Card Games, London Schools, July 4th-15th

Posted by Holly Bazley on Mar 21, 2022 11:48 am

Hi there, 

My name is Holly Bazley and I run Hybrid Games which delivers exciting board games workshops that support students' understanding and involvement in science. I have an exciting Chemistry card game aimed at primary school students aged 5-10 and want to apply for the Outreach Fund to take it to primary schools in London that can't afford to pay for fun workshops due to lack of funding. I'm looking to gain 6,000 pounds and running it over the last few weeks of school term July 4th-15th 2022. (the final week I'll be working) 

We've already tested it on over 2,500 primary students and 80% of respondents loved the game with 68% feeling like they'd learnt more about materials and chemical reactions after playing the game.  
One teacher said: "it's very useful to recap chemical and physical changes and their understanding of reversible and irreversible changes in real life"

Since developing the game has been refined to include sustainability learning aims, as many of the students we tested it on spoke about the problem with plastic and its impact on our planet. 

I don't have a background in Chemistry so I'm looking to team up with someone who does. I also need help releasing the longer-lasting impact of the project.  Please let me know if you're interested in chatting to me over zoom!
Email:
enquiries@hybrid-games.co.uk
Phone: 020 8058 1690

Want to reply?

You must be signed in to MyRSC to respond to forum posts. If you're not currently a member, you can register for free.