Inhibition of PDK1 Can Reverse Cell Aging

Inhibition of PDK1 Can Reverse Cell Aging

Posted by Valerie Walters on Dec 4, 2020 1:47 pm

Recent studies showed that cellular senescence, previously considered an irreversible biological phenomenon, may represent a reversible state, but the mechanism for the reversion is not well elucidated. Last month, Research findings by a Korean team provide insight into the complex mechanism of cellular senescence and present a potential therapeutic strategy for reducing age-related diseases associated with the accumulation of senescent cells.

To identify targets the inhibition of which would convert senescent cells into quiescent cells, the researchers constructed a molecular regulatory network model of cellular senescence. From ensemble analysis of network models, they identified 3-phosphoinositide–dependent protein kinase 1 (PDK1) as a promising target for inhibitors to convert the senescent state to the quiescent state. The researchers validated this prediction in experiments with human dermal fibroblasts, which showed that PDK1 inhibition eradicates senescence hallmarks by suppressing both nuclear factor κB and mTOR signaling through the inactivation of a positive feedback loop composed of PDK1, AKT, IKBKB, and PTEN, resulting in restored skin regeneration capacity. The findings were published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

PDPK1 is a master kinase, which is crucial for the activation of AKT/PKB and many other AGC kinases including PKC, S6K, SGK. An important role for PDPK1 is in the signaling pathways activated by several growth factors and hormones including insulin signaling.

"Our research opens the door for a new generation that perceives aging as a reversible biological phenomenon," says Professor Kwang-Hyun Cho of the Department of Bio and Brain Engineering at the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), who led the research with colleagues from KAIST and Amorepacific Corporation in Korea. The scientists recommend investigations are next done in organs and organisms to determine the full effect of PDK1 inhibition. Since the gene that codes for PDK1 is overexpressed in some cancers, the scientists expect that inhibiting it will have both anti-aging and anti-cancer effects.

"The study showed the potential for reverse the aging process, which has been recognized as an irreversible phenomenon in life," Professor Cho said. "This research marked the beginning of a new era that can prevent diseases related to aging and prolong life span."

PDK1 inhibitors that are currently available

Compound More information
BX795 https://www.vulcanchem.com/product/inhibitors/VC1096301
BX912 https://www.vulcanchem.com/product/inhibitors/VC1096719
OSU-03012 https://www.vulcanchem.com/product/inhibitors/VC1096819
PHT-427 https://www.vulcanchem.com/product/inhibitors/VC1096825
GSK2334470 https://www.vulcanchem.com/product/inhibitors/VC1096761
KRX-0601 https://www.vulcanchem.com/product/inhibitors/VC1096777

Re: Inhibition of PDK1 Can Reverse Cell Aging

Posted by nickmiller lilmmer on Jun 28, 2021 6:47 pm

Thanks for share this helpful information. IDE's are great for simple software development products such as web applications and are extremely beneficial when the software development by  https://mlsdev.com may not require a large number of complex steps. However, it is often considered a weaker strategy than the other strategies because it tends to require large amounts of programming knowledge to master. Also, many software development products require a large amount of modification after they have been released. Though it is possible to create custom software development products using an IDE, this often requires a significant level of programming knowledge. Many software development companies prefer to use CDI for software development products because it allows them to release the software without requiring the software developer to rewrite most of the software. CDI also allows the company to make technical changes to the software without having to re-write all of the software products.

Posted by Kelly Bruner on Jul 7, 2021 5:20 am

Very helpful for me as I am an aspiring Chemist. I am really glad to find this thread. Will check those link. Thanks!

Regards,
Kelly Bruner
www.anchoragekitchenremodeling.com

Posted by Steven Johnson on Aug 26, 2021 5:53 pm

Nice thread! Thanks!

Posted by Calvin Dalton on Sep 16, 2021 5:43 am

Awesome! We also have students from Atlanta doing the same research. An important role for PDPK1 is in the signaling pathways activated by several growth factors and hormones including insulin signaling. Keep it up! 

Posted by Muara Nag on Sep 20, 2021 11:01 am

As I'm interested in the theme of inhibition this thread is very useful and interesting for me. Thank you for sharing this information and links in your article. Actually, I'm trying to create such software.

MyRSC Update: Re: Inhibition of PDK1 Can Reverse Cell Aging

Posted by Immortal Melvyn Lusterio on Sep 20, 2021 12:17 pm

Your interest is timely because there are now many drugs emerging that revitalize or rejuvenate our body. Your upcoming software is commendable. Let me know if it is ready.

love,
Dr. Melvyn M. Lusterio DOIG
Melvyn M. Lusterio CEO President The New Jerusalem

Posted by Yelly Domo on Sep 23, 2021 5:56 pm

Yes, these are good tips that will really help. So I recently used help for writing a letter of recommendation. And I realized that it is very convenient. I saved time and didn't worry about the quality of the document. At the same time, everything was drawn up in accordance with my recommendations and wishes.

Posted by Roman Jay Almaza on Sep 24, 2021 5:44 am

Very helpful for me as I am an aspiring Chemist. I am really glad to find this thread. Will check those link. Thanks.

Posted by Fred Clow on Sep 30, 2021 9:18 am

Thanks for info! Outsourcing is a mainstream business practice far reaching across ventures. Based on this list, even now it is possible to write a good written work with the help of my fellow writers from https://www.bestcustomessay.org/term-papers/ and it is possible to include more serious work in the study

Posted by Felicity Young on Oct 8, 2021 2:05 pm

I actually agree with this! 

concrete staining

Posted by James Willey on Oct 20, 2021 7:21 pm

JavaScript is one of the leading programming languages that many technically savvy students want to learn and specialize in. I, like everyone else, was interested in it, but for some reason it was not given to me, I could not understand it. That's when I met https://onlinefreelancejobs.net/java-job/ these guys, and they helped me and did it. Many thanks to them.

Posted by john lead on Oct 22, 2021 2:42 am

Excellent information on your site, thanks for the platform to allow us make comments.
www.volquetescaba.com

Posted by roman matthews on Nov 1, 2021 9:38 am

The main benefit of knowing what is polyethylene is that it can be molded into any shape or form regardless of the application.

Posted by Kean Sargent on Nov 2, 2021 11:18 am

My deepest respect and compliments to Professor Kwang-Hyun Cho of the Bioengineering and Brain Engineering Department of the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST). The problem of aging is of concern to humanity, including because of the fear of death. While we all understand that we will not live forever, we all want this event to happen as late as possible.
Technological advances in all areas can simplify and improve people's lives. In Sloboda Studio we are very attentive to the development goal with which clients apply to us. And it is really important for us that with our work we contribute to the improvement of people's lives.

Posted by watson walk on Nov 24, 2021 9:28 am

The Foundation spalling should be rectified as soon as possible otherwise, it will cause structural damage to the Building. 

Posted by JellyMin Jecsen on Nov 27, 2021 5:43 am

These are very helpful resources. Thank you. 

Jen @ Painting Contractor Philadelphia pa

Posted by Robert James on Dec 6, 2021 6:42 am

Thanks for the excellent update. Thanks for the post. This was very useful information.

SEO CT

Posted by Andre Betanco on Dec 6, 2021 4:03 pm

Very interesting take. Any report and stats on the study of this methodology? Curious to see what the long-term effects are.

A. Tree Removal McHenry

Want to reply?

You must be signed in to MyRSC to respond to forum posts. If you're not currently a member, you can register for free.