Terms & Conditions
Use of Social Computing pages on the Royal Society of Chemistry’s websites
These Terms & Conditions govern the way in which the social computing pages on the Royal Society of Chemistry’s websites ("Pages") operate. Throughout the Terms & Conditions the following apply:
Throughout these Terms & Conditions, "RSC" means the Royal Society of Chemistry, RSC Worldwide Ltd and RSC Worldwide (US) Inc. and any other organisation owned/controlled by the Royal Society of Chemistry.
In order to access these Pages, you must agree to be bound by these Terms & Conditions. These Terms & Conditions were last updated on 16th July 2009.
Your Usage and Responsibilities
- When you register to use these Pages, you will be asked to enter a username and password ("Login Details"). Your Login Details:
- must be accurate and not anonymous (except for your password);
- are strictly confidential; and
- must not be transferable to anybody else.
- The copyright in the material you post on these Pages remains yours. However, you grant to RSC the non-exclusive right to post the material on these Pages.
- If you submit information to these Pages you must warrant that the material that you contribute:
- does not contain anything that is abusive, defamatory, libellous, objectionable, obscene, pornographic;
- is not in breach of any applicable laws, or third-party rights; and
- does not contain any virus or other similar contaminating or destructive feature.
- You should:
- correct your own mistakes as soon as you realise that they have been made;
- not alter material previously added to the Pages without acknowledging that you have done so;
- do not "pick a fight" about any material somebody else has added to the Pages.
- You acknowledge that RSC shall publish your name/username against any material you submit to the Pages.
- You acknowledge that the posting of your material to these Pages means hosting of the material by RSC or a third party on behalf of RSC, not publication by RSC.
- You are prohibited from systematic downloading files from the Pages.
- You agree to indemnify, hold harmless and defend RSC against any liability, loss, damage, costs and expense of whatsoever nature incurred or suffered by RSC or by any third party (including legal fees) arising out of or related to your use of the Pages or material posted on the Pages under your Login Details, whether or not authorised by you.
RSC’s Rights and Responsibilities
- RSC is not responsible for any material you post on these Pages. However, it reserves the right to delete or edit such material at its sole discretion and without notice. In such a case RSC shall tell you the reasons why the material is being deleted or edited.
- RSC reserves the right to suspend or terminate your access to the Pages and/or Login Details at its sole discretion and without notice. In such a case RSC shall tell you the reasons why your Login Details are being suspended or terminated permanently.
- RSC shall use its best endeavours to ensure that the information contained in these Pages is accurate and up-to-date, but RSC accepts no liability for omissions or errors therein or their consequences. RSC shall not be liable for any consequential direct or indirect loss or damage of any nature whatsoever alleged to be caused by errors or omissions in the information contained in these Pages.
- In no event shall RSC be liable for any general, special, direct, indirect, consequential or incidental damages, or any damages whatsoever, resulting from loss of use, data or profits, whether in an action of contract, negligence or other tortious action, arising out of or in connection with the use of information available from these Pages.
- RSC has the right to amend these Terms & Conditions from time to time and it is your responsibility to check them periodically.
- These Terms & Conditions are governed by and construed in all respects in accordance with the laws of England and the parties hereto hereby submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- In no event shall RSC be liable for any damage to your computer equipment or software which may occur on account of your access to or use of these Pages, or your downloading of materials, data, text, or images from these Pages, whether caused by a virus, bug or otherwise.
- These Pages are linked to third party sites. The linked sites are outside the control of RSC and RSC is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. RSC provides these links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement or approval by RSC of the site. RSC is not responsible for the contents of any site linking to these Pages.